This Website is the responsibility of Parkview Adventist Medical Center (“Parkview”). Parkview can be contacted by mail at Website Administrator, 329 Maine Street, Brunswick ME 04011, by phone at 207.373.2000 or by e-mail at email@example.com. The following policies apply to www.parkviewamc.org.
All of Parkview’s business practices are in full compliance with the privacy requirements under the Health Insurance and Accountability Act (HIPAA). For further information, please see our Notice of Privacy Practices. The following summarizes Parkview’s information gathering and dissemination practices for this Website.
- Collection of Personal Information from Website VisitorsAutomatic Collection of DataParkview automatically collects and/or tracks the following information from visitors to Parkview’s Website, and persons who communicate with Parkview by e-mail and/or on-line forms: (1) e-mail address (2) home server domain name; (3) information knowingly provided by visitors in online forms, registration forms and applications; and (4) aggregate/user-specific information on which web pages visitors access. “Personally identifiable information” is information about a natural person that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. It includes, for example a person’s name, street address, e-mail address, fax number, or telephone number. We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you through our Website, unless you voluntarily use our Website to send us an e-mail message or fill out and send an on-line form, such as an application for employment, volunteer sign-up, pledge or program registration.
- CookiesParkview does not place Internet cookies on visitor’s hard drives. Cookies are a very small text file placed on your hard drive by a Web Page server, used to tell the server that you returned to that Web page.Searches
Parkview does not record searches and identify visitors according to searches performed.
- Use of Personal Data CollectedNames, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers and other personally-identifiable information collected may be added to Parkview’s databases and used for future communications regarding Website updates, new healthcare services, upcoming events, research projects, or other communications that Parkview, in its sole discretion, believes may be of interest to you, based upon the information you have provided.In addition, data collected by Parkview will be used by Parkview for editorial and feedback purposes, for a statistical analysis of users’ behavior, for content improvement, and to customize content and layout of Parkview’s Website. Data on visitors’ home servers is aggregated for internal review and then discarded.
- Disclosure of Personal Data to Third PartiesParkview does not generally share or sell personally-identifiable information collected through its Website. Parkview may share personally identifiable information collected as described above with other individuals and organizations who need to have access to such information in connection with our provision of services to you, such as credit card processing companies or other service providers, and who have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information. We also reserve the right to release information as required by any governmental or law enforcement agency or under a court order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Opt-Out RightVisitors may opt out of having their personally-identifiable information collected by Parkview, used by Parkview for secondary purposes, or used by Parkview to send future communications to the visitor. To opt out, visitors must check the appropriate box in the online form they are sending to Parkview.
- Ability to Correct or Remove Personal DataVisitors may modify, correct, change, or update their personal records or cause their personal records to be removed from our database by request, by postal mail or e-mail.
- Collection of Information from ChildrenParkview does not attempt to collect information from children. Children may use the e-mail feature that allows visitors to send e-mail to patients or staff members. (See policy below.) Other information sent to Parkview, which appears to be from a child, is deleted. Parkview cannot always determine if a visitor to its website, or the sender of information, is a child.E-mail Feature
- LinksThis Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage visitors to be aware when they leave our Website, and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personal information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Parkview.
- SecurityAll information will be secured through a 128-bit encrypted connection to visitor’s web browser. While we have instituted security measures to protect the information and systems that we maintain, we cannot guarantee that all transmissions to and from our Websites are secure. E-mails that you send to us and forms submitted on-line may be subject to interception. If your communication includes personal information that you do not wish to provide electronically, please contact us by postal mail or telephone.