Parkview has a modern, efficient clinical laboratory serving the Midcoast area and beyond, including doctor’s offices and outpatient services. Our outpatients will find friendly, compassionate and experienced personnel when visiting our lab drawing area. Our laboratory offers a wide range of clinical/anatomical, on-site testing and has the capability to send any test that your physician orders to an extensive reference laboratory network.
- Clinical laboratory services
- Full range of basic surgical pathology, cytopathology and other off- site services
- Hematology: CBC, platelet count, body fluid cell counts, sedimentation rates
- Coagulation: PT, INR, PTT, D-Dimer, fibrinogen
- General Chemistry Testing: basic metabolic panel, comprehensive metabolic, liver panel
- Cardiac Testing: CKMB, Troponin, BNP
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Testing
- Thyroid Testing: PSA, HCG, FE, TIBC
- General Blood Bank testing: ABO/Rh, Direct Antibody Testing (DAT), Antibody Screen, Blood typing, and Cross Matching for Blood Transfusions
- Transfusion Services: PACKED RED CELLS, FRESH FROZEN PLASMA, Platelets
- Microbiology: Gram stain, cultures, screen for parasites and C. difficile, MRSA testing
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Always remember to check in with registration at the front of the hospital before you go into the Laboratory.
Phlebotomy Service available at the patient’s convenience. Walk-in service accepted AFTER HOURS or on the weekend for STAT laboratory testing.
If you have any questions, please call 207-373-2371. Should someone not be available, please leave a message as your satisfaction is important to us.
The Parkview Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists as well as CLIA. The laboratory has the capacity to send any test that your physician orders through an extensive reference laboratory network should the testing not be available on site.