Rehabilitation at Parkview
Parkview Adventist Medical Center offers rehabilitation services to both outpatients and inpatients. Our clinic provides a personalized, hands-on approach with qualified physical therapists, occupational therapists and a speech-language pathologist. We have two convenient locations in Brunswick and Topsham.
PT/Rehab Office: 207.373.2293
Meet the Therapists
Rehabilitative services include:
- Orthopedic injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Post surgical orthopedic and musculoskeletal diagnoses
- Neurological disorders
- Balance, dizziness and vestibular disorders
- Work injuries
- Sports injuries
- Language disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Speech disorders
- Cognitive disorders
- Daily living skills, such as dressing, bathing, and home management
- Outpatient Neurorehabilitation
- Energy conservation and work simplification strategies
- Adaptive equipment specialist
- Urinary Incontinence
- Gynecological Physical Therapy
- Obstetrical Physical Therapy
- Pre/Post-Operative Physical Therapy
Find out more about Women’s Health at Parkview
Speech-Language Pathology Services
Our speech pathologist diagnoses and treats not only speech, language and cognitive disorders, but also dysphagia (disordered swallowing) which results from stroke, head injury or disease process.
Diagnostic Modalities Used:
- Bedside Swallow Evaluation
- Modified Barium Swallow under x-ray in collaborations with a radiologist
- Diet modification
- Positioning strategies
- Being able to be on a less restrictive diet.
- Maximizing swallowing safety on the most normal diet possible.
Patient History Forms:
For more information please call 207.373.2293.